We want your input!
MnDOT is asking motorists to provide input on potential improvements to Interstate 494 and Highway 62 between the Minneapolis-Saint Paul (MSP) International Airport and the I-494/Hwy 62 interchange using an interactive, online public engagement tool.
The online engagement site is available through Fri, March 3.
If you need this survey in an alternative format, contact us.
About the study
The study is analyzing I-494 and Hwy 62 between the Minneapolis-Saint Paul (MSP) International Airport on the east and the I-494/Hwy 62 interchange on the west. The analysis includes adding MnPASS Express Lanes, auxiliary lanes, turn lanes, dynamic shoulders, modifying interchanges, and improving transit accessibility and travel options for transit. Both highways are being studied because improvements to one road is likely to impact the parallel road.
- Increase the number of people (not vehicles) that move through each highway corridor and provide reliable trip times
- Enhance economic vitality for the public and private businesses in the Twin Cities region
- Enhance safety and mobility by providing congestion free travel options
- Enhance and maintain advantages for transit, taxi cabs, airport shuttles, carpools and non-motorized connections (pedestrian, bicycle and light-rail)
- Use existing roads, right-of-way and performance based principles and improvements that are lower-cost and provide a high-return on investment.
- Coordinate timing with other scheduled and funded projects
- Involve the public and stakeholders in the study
- Ongoing technical analysis of additional improvements along the corridors
- Gather public feedback about potential improvement locations
- Develop a construction vision and implementation plan should additional funding become available
More info here: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i494and62study/