I had lunch last week with a dear friend I hadn’t seen in awhile. The weather outside was still wintry and cold, and yet one look at her, and I thought spring had sprung. She was dressed in a soft pink sweater with a darker rose and soft lavender scarf, and newly pressed khakis, a veritable rainbow of joy.
When I asked her about the colors, she said, “Well, the spring equinox is here, and I decided to spread my spring wings.” It’s true that color has an effect on our moods – so why not break out the best of spring, and lift your spirits at the same time?
We love Jane Iredale’s spring makeup, which celebrates the peachy, rosy radiance of the season. The sun-kissed look is still the name of the game, and Jane’s signature line takes the natural look one step further, with honey-dipped lips and healthy, glowing touches of rosy makeup.
Here are Jane Iredale’s Featured Spring Colors:
- Brown: It may sound like a flashback to the 1990’s, but brown lips are back and it looks amazing on every skin tone. From chocolate to pinky nudes, brown can be seen in fashion, and in beauty! The trick to making your brown lips stand out is to choose a shade that is slightly darker than your natural lip color. You’ll find beautiful browns in Jane Iredale’s collection with The Nutmeg Lip Liner paired the Iced Mocha Lip Gloss.
- Peach: Peach is once again making a prominent appearance this season, in both matte and shimmery textures. Jane Iredale has perfected this combination with So Bronze 3 Bronzer, a bronzer that is equally at home on the eyes, as well as on the cheeks.
- Mauve: Nothing complements the natural look like a smoky mauve, which is why it is front and center for Spring 2017. Start with a light mauve shade on the eyelid, and add drama with a wine tone or even a deep brown. Mauve blush, mauve lips, and mauve nail color is perfect for transitioning from winter to spring. Jane Iredale’s Pure Pressed Eye Shadow Triple in Pink Bliss works amazing for this.
- Blue: Blue never really goes out of style, but it took center stage this spring at the 2017 Fashion Runway shows. Blue is one color that is always chic and can be as simple as lining the bottom lash with blue eyeliner, or as dramatic as blending different shades of blue on the eyelid. Try Jane Iredale’s Midnight Blue Eye Pencil to kick-off your blue heaven!
- Pink: Pink is the go-to color for a soft, dewy, natural-looking radiance this spring. Jane Iredale’s Awake Powder Blush, Charisma Blush Stick or the Rose Dawn Highlighter are gorgeous! From a pretty pastel and highlighter hue to a bold, berry tone, pink is beauty’s color in nearly every varying shade this spring.
A Fantasia Beauty Specialist can help you find the just-right spring colors for your complexion and lifestyle – so stop by and add some spring to your step, all season long!
Colleen Szot is a Minneapolis-based writer for over 40 years and a passionate client of Fantasia Salon. Colleen’s credits include TV, radio, and magazines. Her website is www.wonderfulwriter.com