The Director of Marketing & Communications is a professional position for a self-starter with marketing experience and solid writing skills.
As a member of the TwinWest Chamber of Commerce team, this position’s primary responsibility is brand management. The Director of Marketing & Communications will be a critical component in consistently delivering the Chamber’s message from creative idea concept to developing marketing materials all while ensuring a consistent brand identity.
The Director of Marketing & Communications should have proven experience with brand management and communications including social media, managing a website, and working with members of the media. In addition, this position requires someone who can write and edit the various print and digital publications, and develop collateral materials for different target audiences. Must provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers. Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Effectively communicate TwinWest’s mission, brand awareness, story, initiatives and programming through a comprehensive marketing plan, including but not limited to: marketing campaigns, social media, print/online publications, press releases
- Direct development of membership and Chamber-image materials and publications necessary to attract, retain and serve members
- Responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of The Chamber’s master planning and scheduling calendar to avoid overlaps and to maintain continuity
- Produce and coordinate all membership communications, including but not limited to: E-blasts, Annual Reports, and membership directory
- Directly responsible for writing, editing, managing production, meeting deadlines and ensuring the quality of the weekly e-newsletter, Weekly Snapshot
- Maintain, update and oversee all social media platforms to provide a clear and consistent voice for the Chamber
- Maintain and update chamber website
- Take photos and videos at all TwinWest programs and events.
- Provide reports and analytics surrounding marketing efforts and campaigns
- Provide proofreading support and input regarding written materials prepared by other Chamber-staff members
- Effectively and consistently promote TwinWest as a whole, chamber members and investors
- Consistently monitor the market for the latest social media platforms and marketing campaign opportunities
- Responsible, with partnership from the Events Director, for all aspects of marketing for Chamber events and programs to ensure event and program attendance goals are met through promotional marketing campaigns
- Responsible, with the guidance of the Vice President of Finance and Operations for establishing components of the Chamber’s overall marketing budget
- Establish and ensure adherence to the organizations graphics standards and policies across all collateral and marketing mediums
- Direct all public relations activities that generate media interest and ensure regular contact with media and appropriate responses to media
- Prepares and distributes news releases, media alerts and other announcements to gain positive media attention for the Chamber, chamber programs and the community
- Manage outsourced marketing activities such as graphic design
- Work with hired branding firm to assist with Chamber’s rebranding
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Well organized and self-motivated
- Excellent writing, editing, storytelling, and problem-solving skills, as well as working knowledge of publication layout, design and graphics
- Professional enthusiasm to stay current with industry best practices
- Ability to take initiative, to organize and implement a multi-faceted workload with minimum supervision and function well as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate with peers, members and volunteers in a professional manner
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and manage tight deadlines while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of budget development and general financial/administrative practices
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable with web-based project management tools and collaboration technologies, and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Strong communications and public relations skills coupled with the ability to influence others in a positive manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting all deadlines
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to walk, and operate office equipment manually. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
The preceding qualifications are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, community relations, journalism or equivalent.
At least two years of experience in a marketing or related function at an agency or internal marcom department. Nonprofit experience a plus. Graphic design is a plus.
The Chamber reserves the right to change this position description in part or in whole at any time and in its sole discretion.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume with salary history and samples of work to email@example.com.