Being involved in the TwinWest Chamber Champions Program offers you a unique opportunity. You will be able to meet with Chamber members on a professional basis while increasing membership engagement. Through your Ambassador, Member Mentor, and/or The REACH Team experience, you will gain numerous business connections and share a special fellowship with other members and business leaders.
Chamber Champions Roles: There are three important volunteer roles available for Chamber Champion members. Members can participate in one or more of the following:
- Ambassadors – PR Arm
- Member Mentors – Peer-to-Peer Interaction
- The REACH Team – Sales/Business Development
Program Mission: It is the mission of the TwinWest Chamber of Commerce Champion Program to promote member commitment and engagement by:
- Raising awareness of Chamber activities and benefits
- Informing and involving new Chamber members to promote strong continuing membership
- Encouraging meaningful and beneficial participation in Chamber programs
- Serving as a liaison between the Chamber staff and membership
- Communicating Chamber opportunities
- Supporting members with purposeful interaction
- Staying well informed
- Being visible and approachable at events
- Being the voice of members to the Chamber
- Making connections to the Chamber
Identification: Name tags with a “Chamber Champion” ribbon will be provided to participants.
AMBASSADORS – PR Arm
•Ambassadors are considered the welcoming arm of the Chamber, and play an essential role in member communication and engagement. They are prestigious volunteers who are visible and approachable at ribbon cutting celebrations, Business Showcases, and other member functions.
•Meet local business people and build lasting relationships.
•At the events – wear your TwinWest Chamber Champion name tag, arrive 10 minutes prior to start, look for opportunities to connect members with one another.
•Required 50% attendance for above (approximately 14-18 event per year). After six months of successful participation, Ambassadors will be included on the Chamber website with photo, name, company name, and link to their organization’s website.
MEMBER MENTORS – Peer-to-Peer Interaction
•Member Mentors meet with new members, learn about their business, and help them navigate the resources at the Chamber. Touchbase with the assigned new member three times a year.
•The Chamber staff will assign new members as they join the Chamber.
•Help with the first year onboarding process – initiate a phone call or one-to-one meeting with the new member, review membership opportunities and events, make personal invitations to join the new member at networking events.
•Must attend a Chamber 101 to be brought up-to-date with current Chamber initiatives. Commitment period is one year.
•After six months of successful participation, will be included on the Chamber website with photo, name, company name, and link to their organization’s website.
THE REACH TEAM – Sales/Business Development
•Members actively recruit new member businesses and receive rewards.
•Recommend and recruit prospective businesses to become members.
•Must attend a Chamber 101 to be brought up-to-date with current Chamber info. Understand and communicates Chamber membership benefits.
- Recruit 5 new members and receive $500 chamber credit
- Recruit 7 new members and receive $700 chamber credit
- Recruit 10 new members and receive $1,000 chamber credit
- Recruit 15 new members and receive 2 flight vouchers valued at $1,000 total, plus $1,000 chamber credit.
Credits can be used toward the following options:
- Membership dues up to $500
- Enhanced listing - value $240
- Selected sponsorships:
- Chamber 101 – value $100
- Snapshot banner ad – value $250
- Materials in the welcome packet – value $150
- 50 Words for $50 – value $50
- Tickets to Gala – value $95 per person
Note: The TwinWest $50 referral does not apply to a REACH Team member.