February 28 | Hyatt Regency Bloomington —
MHTA is pleased to present a new program: TechTalent: Strategies for Your Next Gen Workforce. While Minnesota’s unemployment rate stands at 2.8%, it’s nearly negative for tech jobs–and nationally, unfilled tech job postings have gone up by more than 1,000,000 in the past 5 years.
What measures are you taking to build a robust pipeline of qualified applicants in your talent pool for the near term and in the future? Mike McNamara, Executive Vice President, Chief Information & Digital Officer at Target Corporation, will share the technology workforce strategy developed under his leadership during our conference keynote. The day will also include numerous panels, presenters and sharing opportunities with take-aways for tech leaders to deploy in their own organizations. Join fellow leaders at the Hyatt Regency Bloomington on Thursday, February 28 for this important conference.
Thursday, Feb 28, 2019
Hyatt Regency Bloomington
7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
This half-day program includes:
- A keynote address by Mike McNamara, Executive Vice President, Chief Information & Digital Officer with Target Corporation. Mike will share the technology workforce strategy developed under his leadership at Target.
- Presentations from thought leaders at Wilder Research, Real-Time Talent, and Greater MSP on the origins of the problem, the ever-widening gap in the tech talent pool, and our need to harness demographic, socio-economic and other factors to close this gap.
- A discussion with Comcast, Code42, Target and other panelists on progress and results from their own innovative programs, as well as redeployment of skills and ways they are working to develop and retain talent.
- A rapid-fire segment featuring a host of solution providers who will share unique programs that offer additional sources of tech talent for our Minnesota workplaces.
- Lunch, featuring a closing keynote speaker to be announced soon!