The TwinWest Foundation’s total amount of giving since 1982 is over $1 million dollars– far and away the most substantial philanthropy among chamber-sponsored scholarship programs in Minnesota. The Foundation extends its sincerest thanks to everyone who has made this possible.
Contribute to Scholarship Program
Workforce & High School Scholarship Programs
Each year TwinWest Foundation scholarships are granted to both graduating high school students and adult students from TwinWest member school districts and TwinWest member post-secondary schools. This program is designed to help students advance their careers, continue their education, and further strengthen their workforce and leadership skills. The typical scholarship award is in the amount of $500 to $2,000 per student.
The Foundation’s Legacy Scholarship, ranging from $5,000 to $7,500, is awarded each year to one outstanding high school senior who exemplifies positive leadership attributes and is awell-rounded student role model. Scholarship awards are announced in May.
The Legacy Scholarship program was established in the mid-1990s through a $50,000 anonymous contribution from a TwinWest Chamber member.
2016-2017 High School Scholarships are now closed.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS - please read carefully:
- Applicants should answer all questions.
- Applicants should include a recommendation letter from a faculty member or employer - letter is to be emailed to email@example.com.
- Application deadline for fall 2017: September 15, 2017. Applications will not be accepted after this date.
- Eligible if attending one of these schools: Dunwoody College of Technology, Hennepin Technical College, North Hennepin Community College, Minnesota School of Cosmetology - Plymouth, Hamline University-Minneapolis Campus, Herzing University, Metropolitan State University, National American University, PCI Academy, or Rasmussen College.
- The typical scholarship award is in the amount of $1,000 per student. Following the application review, applicants will be notified 3 to 4 weeks after the deadline if they have been selected for a short personal interview. Scholarship recipients will be notified of their award shortly after the interview process. Selected scholarship recipients must submit proof of part-time or full-time enrollment in a TwinWest member postsecondary institution in order to receive the scholarship award. Recipients may only receive one TwinWest Chamber Foundation scholarship and it is not renewable.